Thet Thet Laut Kaw Pyant (Sein / Kyaw) – Vegetable Spring rolls (Raw / Fried)

I made the easiest snack, which happens to be one of my favourite Burmese street foods. I used to enjoy it during breaks or before tuition with my high school friends. We loved all types of spring rolls, sweet or savoury, but my personal favourite was Thet Thet Laut Kaw Pyant, which is a vegetable spring roll.



Thet Thet Laut translates to "vegetarian" and Kaw Pyant means "spring roll." You can call it a vegetarian spring roll, but my recipe includes oyster sauce, so I refer to it as a vegetable spring roll. If you want to make it purely vegetarian, just omit the oyster sauce.

Ingredients – There will be no measurement. Lets make it like a Burmese.

All the ingredients need to be thinly sliced.

1 onion or ½ onion (depends on how much you like onion)

Cabbage

Green beans (I like to put runner beans, sugar peas or snow peas.)

Carrot

Bean sprouts

Let’s Cook the filling

To prepare the filling, thinly slice onion, cabbage, carrot, and green beans. Heat a large pot with your preferred oil and sauté the onion, followed by the carrot and beans. Then add the cabbage and bean sprouts. Season with salt, white pepper, sugar, and oyster sauce, adjusting to taste. If you prefer a vegetarian option, omit the oyster sauce. Once the beans turn a brighter green color, the filling is ready. Remove from the heat and start separating the spring roll sheets.

Time for spring roll

I used TYJ Spring Roll Pastry, which is suitable for vegetarians and comes in pink packaging with 30 sheets. I really like this brand due to its good quality, allowing me to enjoy raw spring rolls with my homemade tamarind dipping sauce.

How to roll?

I have shared a video on my social media account, Food_with Mi, demonstrating how to make spring rolls. Please take a look.


😍Much Love, God Bless You😍



Comments

Popular Posts